Indoor Plant Lights
OttLite Technology was one of the first to provide full-spectrum indoor plant lights that allow the healthy growth of plants indoors.
Dr. John Ott, founder and inventor of OttLite lighting, researched different wavelengths of light and the effect they have on plant growth. His pioneering work is the basis for OttLite lighting – full spectrum lighting specially engineered with a precise balance of contrast and brightness. Using OttLite’s plant growth bulbs is like bringing the natural daylight indoors. Here are some of the benefits of OttLite indoor plant lights:
- Watch indoor plants thrive
- Low heat so plants and soil won’t dry out
- Energy efficient, money saving
Today, OttLite has developed specially designed lights for plant growth.
Bringing Daylight Indoors
The Walt Disney Company asked Dr. Ott to record the growth of a pumpkin through time-lapse photography. Animators would use this footage to draw Cinderella's magical carriage. Dr. Ott found that under some lighting conditions, male plants grew, but no females. After adjusting the lighting, females grew, but no males. Following several experiments, Dr. Ott discovered that indoor plant lights needed a full spectrum of light wavelengths to successfully grow the pumpkin indoors.
Dr. Ott’s work with plant growth bulbs earned him several awards from horticulturalist organizations. Below is a list of some of his related awards:
- Men’s Garden Club of America, Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for development of time-lapse photography of plants and effects of light on plants
- Garden Club of New Jersey, Gold Medal for plant development
- American Horticultural Council Citation for contributions in broadening the knowledge of gardeners and plant scientists
- Garden Club of America, Eloise Payne Luquer Medal for special achievement in the field of botany
Testimonials About Indoor Plant Lights
We have been using OTT-LITE® in our plant growth laboratory for nearly 10 years now … OTT-LITE® are a must for healthy growth of all indoor plants!
Gary D. Campbell
Laboratory Manager, AgriEnergy Resources
“OTT-LITE clobbered the competition by growing nearly twice the size in the same time under the same other overall conditions.”
Nursery News, May 2001
“Indoor plants will benefit from the Plant Grow Lamp from OTT-LITE Technology…the lamp simulates natural light and encourages growth without drying out plants.”
The Herb Quarterly, Summer 2004
Visit www.Ottlite.com for more information about OttLite’s indoor plant lights.