July 4th, also known as Independence Day, is a time when Americans get together for food, fun and fireworks. Many houses and buildings are covered with bunting and other decorations to show their national spirit. We have a simple craft inspired by a craft on JoAnn.com
that will help you decorate your house while still giving you time to enjoy yourself.
* 16 inch foam wreath
* Approximately 2 yards of contrasting patriotic fabrics (approx. 1.5 yards of one fabric and 1/2 yard of the other fabric)
1. Cut off the finished edge of the fabric on each side. Then tear 3" wide strips from both fabrics fabrics - these will be the strips that you're using to wrap around the wreath.
2. Begin wrapping and tying the wreath with your first fabric. Continue until you cover the wreath with your first layer.
3. Then take your second fabric and wrap, knot and tie on top of the first fabric in alternating, even spots.
4. Continue wrapping process with alternating fabrics until the wreath has the depth that you desire. Keep the tails about the same length - don't worry about fraying lengths as this gives the wreath a rustic feel.
5. Hang the completed wreath from your door or porch!
You need to login