We're one week into the month of December - are you ready for Hanukkah and Christmas? There are lots of people you might have forgotten that you need to get a gift for. Let us help you with our inexpensive gift ideas you can make at home!
This week we're featuring Homemade Ceramic Mugs. The mugs and markers can be purchased at a store such as JoAnn Fabrics and you can use stencils to decorate or use your own imagination. With as little as 4 supplies (including your oven) you can have a gift ready to go for less than $25.
- Bake at Home Ceramic Mugs
- Sharpie Oil Based Paint Markers
- Stencils (if needed)
1. Take your mug, rinse it off to get rid of dust and oils and dry with a lint-free rag. If using a stencil, apply it to the mug.
2. Draw your design or fill in the stencil with your oil based paint markers. When filling in the stencils, be sure not to over color because the paint can run underneath the stencil. If this happens, you can clean the extra paint off before you bake the mug.
3. Once you have decorated your mug, place it into a cold oven, upside down, and turn the oven on to 375 degrees. Bake for 40 min. When the mug has been baked, turn off the oven and let the mug cool in the oven.
4. After the mug has cooled, gift it with items to make hot chocolate, tea bags or some ground coffee!
You need to login