It can be hard to stay motivated during the summer season when school is out and it seems like everyone you know is out enjoying the sunshine. If you want to avoid the summer slump, try these productivity tips:
1. Find a balance of work and play. No matter how much work you have to do, don’t deprive yourself of summer fun. Research shows that taking regular breaks and time off boost productivity.
2. Resist social media scrolling. Social media is full of vacation photos and posts about outdoor fun during the summertime. Don’t let yourself get distracted from your to-do list by checking out what everyone else is up to.
3. Adjust your schedule. If your work schedule allows, consider how you could adjust your hours to be more summer friendly. Take advantage of the longer, more light-filled days. Could starting work earlier in the day and ending earlier help you be productive while still leaving time for summer fun in the evenings?
4. Add more natural light to your workspace. Working in dim lighting can make you feel drowsy and less focused. Exposing yourself to more daylight has been shown to support productivity. In addition to letting the natural light of a summer day in through your windows, consider positioning natural daylight lighting over your workspace for an additional boost. Productivity lighting from the OttLite Wellness Series featuring ClearSun® LED technology is proven to reduce eyestrain by up to 51 percent to help you stay focused.
5. Take walks outside. Whether you start your day exercising outdoors or get outside to stretch your legs after lunch, you’ll feel more refreshed and better able to concentrate when you return to your desk. Fresh air, greenery and natural daylight are a powerful combination to boost your mood and reinvigorate your mind.
6. Stay well-rested. Resist the temptation to stay up late on summer nights when the sun sets later. Maintain a consistent bedtime to help keep your sleep on track so you feel more alert and focused during the day.
Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy, Productive Summer!
You need to login